Shadow Integrity Minister Fiona Simpson
The Premier has today re-badged an old announcement from 6 months ago in an attempt to trick Queenslanders into thinking she has an infrastructure plan.
The Logan and Gold Coast Faster Rail announcement was made in September last year.
Queenslanders can find the original announcement here.
The only thing Queenslanders have learnt today is after 6 months the Premier still doesn’t know how much it will affect commute times.
Today’s re-announcement will join a lengthening list of projects under this Government that are delayed and over budget:
- Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3: $334 million cost blowout.
- Coomera Connector: $600 million cost blowout and was supposed to start in mid-2021.
- Centenary Bridge duplication: Labor promised to start construction in 2021. Construction still hasn’t started.
- Beerburrum to Nambour rail duplication: current budget shows a $10.5 million underspend to date and $32.2 million reduction in the 2021/22 spend.
- Maroochydore Rail: Labor promised to deliver the project by 2020. Construction still hasn’t started.
- Boundary Road (Coopers Plains) open level crossing removal: construction still hasn’t started.
- Beams Road (Carseldine) open level crossing: Labor promised to start work in 2021. Construction still hasn’t started.
- Centenary Bridge: Labor promised to start in 2021. Construction still hasn’t started.
- Cross River Rail: running a year late and will cost at least $2 billion more than what Labor claims.
This Government cannot be trusted to deliver the infrastructure Queensland needs on time and on budget.