Shadow Treasurer David Janetzki
The Palaszczuk Government’s extraordinary incompetence has been exposed with Estimates revealing an extra $3 billion of taxpayers’ money has been wasted.
This proves this third-term Labor government is losing control of spending in Queensland.
This money could have built two hospitals and employed thousands of nurses and doctors in the middle of a health crisis.
It is clear the Palaszczuk Government consistently chooses politics and secrecy over people and transparency. The list compiled from just the last two weeks is extraordinary:
- Wellcamp cost Queenslanders at least $220 million
- A $2 million advertising strategy produced 2 tradies
- Millions of dollars allocated to a Koala Lab was put into a new rollercoaster
- Taxpayer money is being used to stop a report about Jackie Trad from being made public
- 30 complaints have been made to the CCC regarding the QBCC
- Government never told energy retailers to provide power bill rebate
- Cross River Rail has blown out to $8 billion
- Energy sector’s IT upgrade has blown out by $186 million
- Ambulance ramping has hit a new level at 45%
- Ambulance bypass is back
- They scrap targets to cover up woeful performance
- Satellite Hospitals are delayed and over budget
- They have failed to deliver on the promise to employ 6,000 teachers
- Police numbers have failed to keep pace with population growth
- It will take 25 years to deliver on the social housing promise
- Almost $1 million was spent on the Caloundra Youth Jail before the project was cancelled
- Government trying to recoup $4 million of small business grants made in error
Queenslanders deserve so much better than this.